PowerPC For Dummies: Guides And Examples Page
Code:
Stop using r1 for non-stack examples. It will confuse the user. You use the term 'r1' in non stack examples but then proceed to use the term 'sp' in your stack guide which is the alternate name for r1.

tbh I just copy-pasted the entire stack frame example from what I was told when I asked about how it works. I'm looking more into how it works in game so I can simplify it myself.

Why shouldn't I use r2 though?

Code:
The Logical Operations stuff has good overall descriptions, but at some point, if you can add a mini guide on bits/binary, it will help any user understand Logical Operations quicker. Since Logical Operations are done at the binary level.

Wait so what I put was actually correct? I thought it was completely wrong lol. I wanted to add xnor and others but they made the resulting values negative/flipped and I didn't know how to explain it properly.

And one more thing
Code:
The registers that are safe to use all depends on what kind of stack frame you are allocating

There are different "types" of stack frames?

Messages In This Thread
RE: PowerPC For Dummies: Guides And Examples Page - by JimmyKazakhstan - 06-30-2021, 03:41 AM