Region ID Changer #2 [Vega]
So a person on Discord wanted to use this code (PAL version setting Jpn region ID).

He hooked it up and went on Wiimmfi. Afterwards he rebooted his game (with codes off) at some point and he was getting a message for a corrupted datasave. This most likely occurred because somehow the new Region ID was written to the datasave and he was loading with his Real Region ID value.

But what's weird is that he tried applying the code and rebooting , but kept getting the same message. I did tell him that Wiimmfi does mod a lot of RAM and it is possible somehow with those payload mods with my code it causes data to be written to the datasave w/o the checksum being updated.

So I ran some tests and ran into new discovery of this code (which I swear didn't happen b4). But the code wouldn't even work (change Region IDs) on the console via default VBI Hooktype on USBLoader GX. But it worked on Dolphin fine.

@JoshuaMK I've been REALLY busy and I need to eventually recompile GX with your new code handler. But I swear this code always worked on Console, mabye it's cuz its a bug in this version of GX? (1272) Aw fuck it. this is bull regardless.

Enough of my rant. So after running the code, I went back offline to TT and change Miis to update the datasave while having the code On. Rebooted Game with Code Off,and I could not get any Error Messages.

So what does this all mean? It means this crap is going to the Incomplete/Oudated with a new NOTE about only working on Dolphin and this version here---> (https://mkwii.com/showthread.php?tid=808) is now in Main codes forum (re-tested this version like craz, works on Console and Dolphin, no datasave crap either).

As mentioned before its probably something with Wiimmfi?? So if future codes start having crazy side-effects but they have been tested before, then all we can assume its some crazy Wiimmfi reason.

Messages In This Thread
Region ID Changer #2 [Vega] - by Vega - 12-26-2018, 07:57 PM
RE: Region ID Changer [Vega] - by Vega - 03-15-2020, 06:00 PM
RE: Region ID Changer #2 [Vega] - by JoshuaMK - 03-15-2020, 08:25 PM
RE: Region ID Changer #2 [Vega] - by Vega - 03-16-2020, 01:43 AM
RE: Region ID Changer #2 [Vega] - by JoshuaMK - 03-16-2020, 06:29 AM
RE: Region ID Changer #2 [Vega] - by Vega - 03-16-2020, 01:12 PM