[Big Battle Mod!!] Help wanted
Video 
So over the past ~9 months or so, I've worked on this very ambitious battle project that currently has the following main features:

(Some) Features

- FFA mode - No teams in battle! Results determined by individual points!

- All karts playable in battle mode

- Bob-omb blast and other custom item gamemodes

- Loading more than 10 battle tracks at once using ct-code's custom menus (I think there are around 40 battle tracks right now?)

- "No Mercy" gamemodes, which is basically online battle difficulty cranked up to 11 >Wink

- Change characters in between battles (Working in both frooms and custom region)

- Changes to BR system in the custom region, as well as other small changes.

- Ugly version of shine thief.

- + More features I may have forgotten at the moment.

Videos of some of the features(Only shows some of the features):

FFA + All vehicles in battle + More than 10 battle tracks
https://youtu.be/oRuqj1nnNq4

Bob-omb blast, "No Mercy" mode (OUTDATED!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoHV0ohcG_Y

One of my main reasons for creating this project in the first place is because I want to see the battle community thrive again - like it did years ago. To be completely honest, the battle scene on Wiimmfi is... quite sad. Its not as active, there can be a lot of toxicity towards others at times despite the smaller amount of players, and unlike VS mode (which seems to have endless custom track packs and mods created..) battle doesn't seem to get as much love from what I've seen mod-wise. I believed that a custom battle mod such as this could help bring activity and new players - raising interest in battle mode again. I have made a lot of progress thus far in this project, but there are some bugs i'm having trouble destroying.

With this said, I've come to realize something. I think I may have hit my (current) limit here. This project consists of ASM codes which modify the game to create the features listed. I have only recently began learning ASM coding (about 5 months ago?) and barely have any other experience in programming so far other than Java (Honestly, quite a bit of Java though.) I've worked on C++ a bit but only the very basics. As a result, I do not have sufficient experience and knowledge to create this battle pack reliably - ESPECIALLY doing so alone. It is doable, for sure. But, it will take extremely long since life can get busy with jobs and college - and it only gets worse. I will also need to take the time to pick up on more programming concepts and whatnot as well. Thankfully, I study Computer Science in school so over time I'll keep improving and learning more.

Sorry for the entire story here, but to sum this up:
If anyone is willing to take a look at my current source code thus far and maybe help work on it (Or at least suggests ways on improving it) - I would greatly appreciate it.
Working on this project alone is quite troublesome. Let me know if interested, I can provide source as well as some more detail on what my plans are, how this project is implemented, etc.

Noname (Nameless)

Edit: Source. https://github.com/Namelesss1/Mkwii-Battle-Mod
I really hope this finds some traction, maybe leseratte could help porting it to LE-CODE? as it running on CT-CODE probably isnt ideal
I would definitely be interested in taking a look at the current source code. While the LE-CODE isn't open-source (so it wouldn't be easily possible for you to integrate this into the newer LE-CODE environment), it certainly sounds like a good idea to improve the battle mode.
(03-03-2020, 04:29 PM)Leseratte10 Wrote: I would definitely be interested in taking a look at the current source code. While the LE-CODE isn't open-source (so it wouldn't be easily possible for you to integrate this into the newer LE-CODE environment), it certainly sounds like a good idea to improve the battle mode.

I have edited the original post with a source
I find this to be extremely interesting. I see a bright future for this mod
Super Mario Eclipse, what Super Mario Sunshine could've been.
There are two main things stopping me from releasing a public testing version of this mod:

1) During online voting, when the timer ends it does not automatically vote a track for you at times. This means that its possible for players to stall the room during voting for a long time (like if a player is afk for example) This might be because I load the VS cup selection menu once you click a battle cup. This could be fixed by adding a scrolling menu to the battle cup selection menu itself instead, but i'm not sure how to go about that.

2) some battle tracks have messed up respawn points, item boxes, and coins may not respawn. I believe this is because I'm putting battle tracks into VS slots

Otherwise, things seem to work out pretty well. Some other smaller issues here and there but not anything that causes big problems, crashes in-game, or major effects to gameplay as far as I've seen.