Competitive Matchmaking
Hello! So, for dolphin emulator, I have very upsetting luck and keep getting lower vr rooms and its frustrating. I have approached Lesserette about this issue, he stated to not to bother with it due to how wiimmfi places matches. Is there any way to modify this? Preferably to make it to only find player between 500vr of each other? I have found the file that stores matchmaking (ofc its staticR.rel) however, I just don't understand it.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
How are you patching your game for Wiimmfi? Are you using the patcher program (that does it for you) or are you doing it manually via WIT/SZS Tools? If you are doing it manually, just don't do the all-ranks patch on the Rel. It will keep NIN's original setup to find players near your VR.
(07-24-2020, 09:08 PM)Vega Wrote: How are you patching your game for Wiimmfi? Are you using the patcher program (that does it for you) or are you doing it manually via WIT/SZS Tools? If you are doing it manually, just don't do the all-ranks patch on the Rel. It will keep NIN's original setup to find players near your VR.
I used the patcher, I didn't know about this all-ranks patch, can I have more info on it?
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
(07-24-2020, 09:08 PM)Vega Wrote: How are you patching your game for Wiimmfi? Are you using the patcher program (that does it for you) or are you doing it manually via WIT/SZS Tools? If you are doing it manually, just don't do the all-ranks patch on the Rel. It will keep NIN's original setup to find players near your VR.
So, this would be the command for the "restore" value right? wstrt patch staticR.rel --all-ranks=RESTORE
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
Wiimmfi ignores the match parameters requested by the game.

Wiimmfi will try to put you in a room with players with a similar VR, independantly from how you patch your game.
If that isn't possible (because there is no such room, or the rooms are all currently full, on the voting screen, or unstable; you will be placed in a room that doesn't match your VR. There is nothing you can do on your game to change that.
Well, then there's no need to do the all-ranks patch anymore.
I just seemed to notice the amount of 4-5k rooms I am put into when I moved over to Dolphin skyrocketed. I know that CTGP uses its own system for considering rooms. Thats why I was wondering a way to modify it. Personally I dont really care for queue times since I play games with queue times that can be like 15 min. I really wouldn't care for a 3-15 min queue time to find a 7k only room.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~