Ghosts on Custom Tracks (Not CTGP)
For starters, I don't know assembly code. I find it kinda hard to learn but I am not here to request a ghost saving code, I just wondering how complicated would it be to make one and if anyone is actually trying. What kind of stuff would you need, Like would you need to understand how LE-Code adds the custom track slots? I know you need to access the SD Card somehow which I think Star has a code that makes the game able to access your SD Card. I don't know if that's useful for this type of stuff. Also for dolphin users, could this still access your sd card by using the virtual one from dolphin. Just want to know from people who actually know how to make codes. thank you
(11-17-2020, 06:41 AM)Optllizer Wrote: For starters, I don't know assembly code. I find it kinda hard to learn but I am not here to request a ghost saving code, I just wondering how complicated would it be to make one and if anyone is actually trying. What kind of stuff would you need, Like would you need to understand how LE-Code adds the custom track slots? I know you need to access the SD Card somehow which I think Star has a code that makes the game able to access your SD Card. I don't know if that's useful for this type of stuff. Also for dolphin users, could this still access your sd card by using the virtual one from dolphin. Just want to know from people who actually know how to make codes. thank you
Ghost saving I think is possible but, it can corrupt files, it is why many distros dont use them. You would need to find a way to have the ghost save on le-code without it corrupting the Nand.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
(11-17-2020, 12:53 PM)TheNinjaKingOW Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 06:41 AM)Optllizer Wrote: For starters, I don't know assembly code. I find it kinda hard to learn but I am not here to request a ghost saving code, I just wondering how complicated would it be to make one and if anyone is actually trying. What kind of stuff would you need, Like would you need to understand how LE-Code adds the custom track slots? I know you need to access the SD Card somehow which I think Star has a code that makes the game able to access your SD Card. I don't know if that's useful for this type of stuff. Also for dolphin users, could this still access your sd card by using the virtual one from dolphin. Just want to know from people who actually know how to make codes. thank you
Ghost saving I think is possible but, it can corrupt files, it is why many distros dont use them. You would need to find a way to have the ghost save on le-code without it corrupting the Nand.

Well I know that. Thats why i said we need SD Card Access. So the ghost will save there instead of nand.
(11-17-2020, 05:33 PM)Optllizer Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 12:53 PM)TheNinjaKingOW Wrote:

Well I know that. Thats why i said we need SD Card Access. So the ghost will save there instead of nand.
Ah, It is probably possible to do. If CTGP can do it, we can. I'd say try asking the people who made the access sd card code.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
The people who made the SD card code are long gone from the community. The code you see was a port made by Star
Super Mario Eclipse, what Super Mario Sunshine could've been.