MKW - change text outline?
Question 
I hope it's okay for me to post here - i don't know exactly where this would go..

I've been working on a gamemode, it's not particularly interesting but i've put lots of effort into how it looks because i want it to be pretty :). In the menus i want to completely rid of the ugly gold and blue outlines on the text in favour of a red. however, i found that in most cases it would have to be changed via code rather than editing the BRLYT as i have been doing. 
[Image: unknown.png]
I was able to edit the license FC text colour (including the outline) in Switch Toolbox (Title.szs > common_w076_license_icon_center.brlyt > Materials > l_number > Colors) but didn't get much further than that. For example, even after changing everything remotely gold or blue looking in any Title.szs brlyt, the text in the Main Menu screen retained the gold/blue outline:

it really doesn't work with the rest of the menu edits, so if anyone could help me change it with codes/hex editing (or perhaps i'm missing something in the BRLYT?) that would be rly good :))
i'd love to be able to change all of them but specifically the in-game menu and the main menu are most important to me

thanks!!
(12-22-2020, 09:42 PM)maya Wrote: I hope it's okay for me to post here - i don't know exactly where this would go..

I've been working on a gamemode, it's not particularly interesting but i've put lots of effort into how it looks because i want it to be pretty Smile. In the menus i want to completely rid of the ugly gold and blue outlines on the text in favour of a red. however, i found that in most cases it would have to be changed via code rather than editing the BRLYT as i have been doing. 
I was able to edit the license FC text colour (including the outline) in Switch Toolbox (Title.szs > common_w076_license_icon_center.brlyt > Materials > l_number > Colors) but didn't get much further than that. For example, even after changing everything remotely gold or blue looking in any Title.szs brlyt, the text in the Main Menu screen retained the gold/blue outline:

it really doesn't work with the rest of the menu edits, so if anyone could help me change it with codes/hex editing (or perhaps i'm missing something in the BRLYT?) that would be rly good Smile)
i'd love to be able to change all of them but specifically the in-game menu and the main menu are most important to me

thanks!!
Hello! Welcome to MKWii.com! So, lets discuss this.

So, when it comes to font coloring or anything with visuals. I always recommend doing them in the respective .szs file. You can manually edit the color thru Font.szs but, I do not think that is what you desire. I'd say to keep looking thru the brlyt directorys for it. If you can not find what you need then try to edit Font.szs for the result you seek.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~