(Request) Gecko Code for unlocking single karts/characters, not all of them
Hey Mario Kart Wii community, modders and enthusiasts,
I'd like to request a Gecko code that lets you unlock single karts/bikes and characters. 

I'm aware that there is a code for unlocking everything, but 1. I want to unlock as much as possible myself and 2. strangely, the game won't save Time Trail data, even though I have really good times (2:09 on Warios Gold Mine for example, beaten the developer, but the game won't save my ghost data).

So I am in need of a code that unlocks only the karts/bikes and characters you'd get from Time Trial (Birdo and Toadette, Sprinter and Spear.
I already have Funky Kong, Baby Luigi, Tiny Titan and Magikruiser because it still worked a few days ago).

I'm not really good with coding and all that technical stuff, so if someone could make that code it would be much appreciated :D
(12-23-2020, 02:53 AM)Leokatchu Wrote: Hey Mario Kart Wii community, modders and enthusiasts,
I'd like to request a Gecko code that lets you unlock single karts/bikes and characters. 

I'm aware that there is a code for unlocking everything, but 1. I want to unlock as much as possible myself and 2. strangely, the game won't save Time Trail data, even though I have really good times (2:09 on Warios Gold Mine for example, beaten the developer, but the game won't save my ghost data).

So I am in need of a code that unlocks only the karts/bikes and characters you'd get from Time Trial (Birdo and Toadette, Sprinter and Spear.
I already have Funky Kong, Baby Luigi, Tiny Titan and Magikruiser because it still worked a few days ago).

I'm not really good with coding and all that technical stuff, so if someone could make that code it would be much appreciated Big Grin
With something like this, the code would need to find the check to see if you completed the requirements of the certain character and set its value to be yes. The game would prompt the unlocking sequence but this probably the easiest way of doing something like this.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
Instead of waiting on someone to make the code, you could just edit the data save file directly (rksys.dat)

https://mkwii.com/showthread.php?tid=1513

Scroll down to the unlock and stat stuff. You will see each bit flip (with byte location referenced) that unlocks each specific character and vehicle. Flip the bit high to unlock.

If you are using Dolphin, simply open up your rksys.dat file within your NAND files on your computer; Use any plain jane Hex Editor (Wii File System Location = /title/00010004/524d43xx/data/rksys.dat
xx values:
4a = Japan / RMCJ
4b = Korea / RMCK
45 = USA / RMCE
50 = PAL / RMCP)

Flip the necessary bits high for what you want unlocked. Save changes. Next time you launch your game, apply this code - https://mkwii.com/showthread.php?tid=1586 Then save your data in the game's options/settings, and after that you no longer need the code.

If you are using an actual Wii console, you can use something like WiiXplorer to dump the save file to you SD or USB, transfer that to your computer, edit the file, and place it back on your console.
(12-23-2020, 01:28 PM)Vega Wrote: Instead of waiting on someone to make the code, you could just edit the data save file directly (rksys.dat)

https://mkwii.com/showthread.php?tid=1513

Scroll down to the unlock and stat stuff. You will see each bit flip (with byte location referenced) that unlocks each specific character and vehicle. Flip the bit high to unlock.

If you are using Dolphin, simply open up your rksys.dat file within your NAND files on your computer; Use any plain jane Hex Editor (Wii File System Location = /title/00010004/524d43xx/data/rksys.dat
xx values:
4a = Japan / RMCJ
4b = Korea / RMCK
45 = USA / RMCE
50 = PAL / RMCP)

Flip the necessary bits high for what you want unlocked. Save changes. Next time you launch your game, apply this code - https://mkwii.com/showthread.php?tid=1586 Then save your data in the game's options/settings, and after that you no longer need the code.

If you are using an actual Wii console, you can use something like WiiXplorer to dump the save file to you SD or USB, transfer that to your computer, edit the file, and place it back on your console.
This is very helpful but, He might struggle a bit because he does seem new to this type of thing. If you have any issues setting this up, respond here and I am sure someone will help.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
Heck, somebody could do the edits for him and give him back his rksys.dat.
(12-23-2020, 01:37 PM)Vega Wrote: Heck, somebody could do the edits for him and give him back his rksys.dat.
Yeah lol, I can't cuz of school but, I think he should at least try just so that he knows about this file format and editing MKWii in this manner.
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
Thank you to both of you, I will try it!
I think I understood the basics of how it works, and after applying the changes, it worked like a charm! Thanks a lot :D
Chad Vega to the rescue
(12-23-2020, 04:35 PM)Leokatchu Wrote: I think I understood the basics of how it works, and after applying the changes, it worked like a charm! Thanks a lot Big Grin

Glad you got it figured out!