Skip Offline Award Ceremony Request
When I first played Mario Kart Wii over 10 years ago, I really enjoyed seeing the series' characters interact/show off in the award ceremony. However, after many hours of playing and joking around, its impact has really lessened for me. However, not only does it spend a few seconds loading a ceremony course, but you can only skip the first part of the cut-scene.

So, that got me thinking, "What if we didn't have to load the ceremony in the first place?" Maybe have the "Next" button (that is shown in the last GP, VS, and/or Battle course for both Single and Multiplayer offline modes) take you back to the Main Menu instead? The last course already shows you the final results, so the Award Ceremony is mainly there to see your characters and how they react.

I would prefer a code, but if the easier solution is to edit the game files, I'll still attempt it. Please let me know if 1) It's possible 2) It's realistic and 3) It's worthwhile. Thanks!
(01-27-2021, 05:49 AM)Yoshisaur Wrote: When I first played Mario Kart Wii over 10 years ago, I really enjoyed seeing the series' characters interact/show off in the award ceremony. However, after many hours of playing and joking around, its impact has really lessened for me. However, not only does it spend a few seconds loading a ceremony course, but you can only skip the first part of the cut-scene.

So, that got me thinking, "What if we didn't have to load the ceremony in the first place?" Maybe have the "Next" button (that is shown in the last GP, VS, and/or Battle course for both Single and Multiplayer offline modes) take you back to the Main Menu instead? The last course already shows you the final results, so the Award Ceremony is mainly there to see your characters and how they react.

I would prefer a code, but if the easier solution is to edit the game files, I'll still attempt it. Please let me know if 1) It's possible 2) It's realistic and 3) It's worthwhile. Thanks!
1.) Anything is possible with code
2.) It is realistically possible, just redirect the pointer to the award ceremony to the title screen
3.) This part is tricky. It really depends if the coder is passionate about the project and if the work to make the code outweighs the amount of time it would take.

I'd say to try and learn to code yourself. It may seem daunting at first, but once you get the hang of it, its pretty fun!
~MarioKartWii.com #1~
If you need any help, this website is very useful, https://mkwii.com/showthread.php?tid=111...ht=Noob+to .
~MarioKartWii.com #1~