Request: Additional sound trigger for Mushroom Gorge
KCL flags of a given type can have up to 8 variants. In Mushroom Gorge, the KCL flag of type sound trigger has 4 defined variants, with the other 4 being having undefined behavior. The first defined variant enables annoying wind ambience. The other 3 defined variants enable cave ambience and reduce the music volume.

There are plenty of custom tracks that use Mushroom Gorge's property slot in which wind ambience does fit. Specifically those which are set in the skies or up on tall mountains. However, there are some custom tracks in which wind ambience does not fit. One such example is Mushoom Hideaway, which is set in more of a forested setting and not in the skies or up on tall mountains. For a track such as Mushroom Hideaway, there is no way to get the ambience sounding right for the given setting.

I could edit the brsar to set wind ambience volume to zero, but the problem is that it applies to every track, even the ones with a high-altitude setting in which wind ambience fits very well.

Most track slots have a sound trigger that allows you to disable all ambiences. But Mushroom Gorge has no such thing, yet it is in need of it. I am requesting a code that would interpret one of the unused sound trigger variants in Mushroom Gorge as a sound trigger that disables both wind ambience and cave ambience. Is this something that is hypothetically possible to make?
If the entire purpose is to remove both wind and cave ambience sounds entirely on a specific track then it is easier to use a cheat code that removes both sounds . You'll need to write a hook that checks for the courses you want it to play on (if you have more courses that you want it to not happen than courses that you want to happen, else, do the opposite).

NTSC-U 80711178

Example:
lis r12, 0xXXXX - First half of address that holds current course ID (either from EVA or some static address that holds the ID)
lwz r12, 0xYYYY (r12) - Load offset which then loads value into r12
cmpwi r12, 0xXX - check course ID you want the sound the play on (you can do multiple checks, but do it based on the amount of courses, example, 10 courses using Mushroom Gorge slot, you want the sound to play on 4 of them, it is better to check for the four ones instead of all ten) - or maybe do some array with all IDs you want to check. I don't know how to do it though, I think you'd also need loop thru all of them;
bnelr - if not the course, do not play the sounds
stwu r1,-64(r1) - original instruction, start function
(04-14-2024, 06:56 AM)_Ro Wrote: If the entire purpose is to remove both wind and cave ambience sounds entirely on a specific track then it is easier to use a cheat code that removes both sounds . You'll need to write a hook that checks for the courses you want it to play on (if you have more courses that you want it to not happen than courses that you want to happen, else, do the opposite).

NTSC-U  80711178

Example:
lis r12, 0xXXXX - First half of address that holds current course ID (either from EVA or some static address that holds the ID)
lwz r12, 0xYYYY (r12) - Load offset which then loads value into r12
cmpwi r12, 0xXX - check course ID you want the sound the play on (you can do multiple checks, but do it based on the amount of courses, example, 10 courses using Mushroom Gorge slot, you want the sound to play on 4 of them, it is better to check for the four ones instead of all ten) - or maybe do some array with all IDs you want to check. I don't know how to do it though, I think you'd also need loop thru all of them;
bnelr - if not the course, do not play the sounds
stwu r1,-64(r1)  - original instruction, start function

Also another solution I just thought of which could be much easier, is to enable bouncy mushroom SFX on any slot. The reason some tracks "require" the MG slot is because it makes the KCL flag jump pad variant 4 produce a bouncy mushroom sound. On other slots it doesn't work. If there was a code that enabled bouncy mushroom SFX on any slot, then there wouldn't be a need to place certain custom tracks on the Mushroom gorge slot. For example, I could place Mushroom Hideaway on the DK Jungle Parkway slot and gain forest ambience without losing the bouncy mushroom SFX.
I don't think this is easily obtainable, as I think it doesn't play in other slots because of the Mushroom Gorge sound group file
(04-14-2024, 06:34 PM)_Ro Wrote: I don't think this is easily obtainable, as I think it doesn't play in other slots because of the Mushroom Gorge sound group file

Is this something that can be edited in the BRSAR?
(04-15-2024, 12:05 AM)lschlick Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 06:34 PM)_Ro Wrote: I don't think this is easily obtainable, as I think it doesn't play in other slots because of the Mushroom Gorge sound group file

Is this something that can be edited in the BRSAR?

It works! All I did was open up the BRSAR in BrawlCrate, navigate to GRP/GP/R/DS/GARDEN, then on the right side of the screen there's a drop down menu where I selected the file "[85] GRP/GP/N/KINOKO" (which contains the bouncy mushroom sfx) then clicked "Add File". I saved the brsar then used riivolution to test. I placed the track Sunset Forest on the DS Peach Gardens slot. In the track, there are no wind sfx anymore and you can also hear birds chirping which fits with the setting of the track. Then when you get to the section with the giant bounce pads, they have a bouncy mushroom sound effect.
Nice one!