USB Gecko
I didn't know, if I should post this in "MKW General" or "Guides/HowTo" in the cheats section.

Anyway, I get paid from my job tomorrow, and I REALLY want to get a USB Gecko. I understand that these are hard to come by now-a-days, but found some listings online. It's not that I'm lazy, but rather that I'd like to not get ripped off. I know that there are at least 2 good hackers on this site. 

If you know of any legit listings online for a USB Gecko, that would be greatly appreciated. (Post links below please)

Some side notes:

1. I'd like to not pay over $75 USD (for combined shipping/product cost), but am willing to pay more, if YOU REALLY think the product is in good condition/the seller has a good rep

2. I'd prefer the USB Gecko be shipped from an American seller to ensure compatibility/quick shipping; but once again, I'm willing to be flexible.

Also, I go on spring break tomorrow for school, and if I could have a chance to play around with it before spring break ends, that would be amazing.

Thanks for any help guys.
Hmm this thread makes me think I should create a General subforum within Hacks/Mod category. Anyway, only stick with ebay. Back in the day, you could find them via dedicated Wii Hacking forums. Obviously, that doesn't work anymore. Make an ebay and paypal account and just do regular checkups on ebay to see if a listing gets posted. Keep in mind that while Pay Pal is the best way to have a safe/secure transaction, they will jab in hidden fees from time to time (dollar here, dollar there). It's just a thing about using Pay Pal.

Once you find a USB gecko for listing, evaluate the seller. Ask questions if needed. Make sure seller has good rep. Once you buy the gecko, receive it, and are satisfied; cancel the Pay Pal account (idk how hard this is since I've never had one but I'm sure they will make it a burden).

So if you end up getting a Gecko, post any questions about it in Star's USB Gecko Guide thread. He owns one and has some expertise with it.
New General sub forum created. Thread moved to new sub forum.
I'm curious as to where you found some being sold. I keep an eye on the market and haven't seen any original ones. The Shuriken USB is not being produced anymore.

As Vega said, the original site (usbgecko.com) is long gone. They went for around $50 back then. The Shuriken USB went for around €24 in total (including shipping). So it was cheaper, but you needed to buy the cable separately. Since the seller stopped producing them, people will probably be willing to spend more on one.

For the most part, just use common sense when buying. I doubt people would be trying to scam using these things, but you never know. The main place to look would be on eBay, but you could google around and find some forums where people would be selling their old ones. I would only use PayPal when buying.
[Image: GiVNKqR.png]
In the way way future, if the Gecko doesn't work out, I could help you setup Dolphin (linux) with the new Dolphin Memory Engine (actual full RAM viewer like the one Gecko uses, NOT the crappy Cheat Engine that most ppl use on Dolphin). After setup, I will link you the corresponding threads (on other sites) that can teach you how to start making cheat codes on Dolphin.
(03-14-2018, 08:00 PM)Star Wrote: I'm curious as to where you found some being sold. I keep an eye on the market and haven't seen any original ones. The Shuriken USB is not being produced anymore.

As Vega said, the original site (usbgecko.com) is long gone. They went for around $50 back then. The Shuriken USB went for around €24 in total (including shipping). So it was cheaper, but you needed to buy the cable separately. But since the seller stopped producing them, people will probably be willing to spend more on one. It's just Supply/Demand.

For the most part, just use common sense when buying. If something is too good to be true, don't buy it. I doubt people would be trying to scam using these things, but you never know. The main place to look would be on Amazon and eBay when buying one, but you could google around and find some forums where people would be selling their old one. I would only use PayPal when buying.

Purchase link I found:

1. http://retro-system.com/shuriken_usb.htm

(03-14-2018, 08:42 PM)Vega Wrote: In the way way future, if the Gecko doesn't work out, I could help you setup Dolphin (linux) with the new Dolphin Memory Engine (actual full RAM viewer like the one Gecko uses, NOT the crappy Cheat Engine that most ppl use on Dolphin). After setup, I will link you the corresponding threads (on other sites) that can teach you how to start making cheat codes on Dolphin.

Yeah, that would be really helpful, but I'm pretty dead set on finding a USB Gecko... it would be really nice to have one.

Yea, I used Cheat Engine back in the day for simple flash game hacks. I actually thought about using Cheat Engine on Dolphin recently xDDDD
The link says there's a paypal button at the bottom but I don't see one, maybe it's my browser.

Well anyway, instead of waiting for the future, here's the whole Dolphin situation-thingy---

Anyway Dolphin (in debug mode) with the new Memory Engine, is the future for Wii Hacking. No need for windows, no need to buy a Wii, no disc needed, no HBC needed.

Memory Engine - https://github.com/aldelaro5/Dolphin-memory-engine

Dolphin Linux Documentation - https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...n_on_Linux

I'd recommend you simply do this on Ubuntu Linux unless you are familiar with building from source code.

But if you are using something like Debian, first install all the packages in the big box under 16.04 LTS then install all the packages in the Addedum A list. After that, scroll down and use the script code to make a dolphin.sh script file (any text editor will suffice). Simply run the file via sudo and it will do all the work for you.

Then you can run dolphin, run it with a -d flag for debugging mode. Then run the memory engine simply with a command like this - ./Dolphin-memory-engine

Memory engine will auto connect to Dolphin. You might have to chmod +x the script first to make it executable, cant remember exactly. Then you will have everything running. Go to the following links for info of the RAM engine and Dolphin Debug mode

http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19437
http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php...246#443246

Final note: You must have at least a modern day i5 processor to run everything without crashes. Honestly play it safe and get a decent i7 with at least 16gb of RAM.

My computer crashes too much plus after the GOD code was released, I have no desire to make codes as I have everything I want now.
(03-15-2018, 12:45 AM)Phyz Wrote: Purchase link I found:

1. http://retro-system.com/shuriken_usb.htm

That is where Shuriken USB was being sold. However, one of the parts that he needed is no longer being produced. He has stopped selling them since there is no direct replacement for the part.
[Image: GiVNKqR.png]
Isn't 16gb of RAM a bit excessive? You could get by just fine with 8gb if you want. Often times It's processor issues that cause crashes like those, and yeah you'd need an i5 to run it smoothly.
(10-25-2018, 11:05 PM)xXCrazySniperXx Wrote: Isn't 16gb of RAM a bit excessive? You could get by just fine with 8gb if you want. Often times It's processor issues that cause crashes like those, and yeah you'd need an i5 to run it smoothly.

8gb with an older gen i5 is only doable on a linux machine with no desktop environment installed (ex: Debian with openbox or joe's window manager). If you are on a plain jane consumer computer with windows 10. You will most likely need an i7 and 16gb RAM. Windows, in general, runs a lot of background shit which bogs down on the CPU. Playing dolphin on less than 60fps will want to make you rip your eyeballs out.