Guide to perma patch ISO with GCT File
Guide to perma patch ISO with GCT File

Please note that this guide is designed for Linux. You can still do this on Windows but you need to change the path to directories accordingly.

Guide assumes a GCT file has already been made. Guide also assumes you are somewhat familiar with WIT & SZS Tools. This also works for WBFS files.

1. Make a copy of your ISO, rename it whatever helps you know its a copy ready for editing.
2. Open a terminal & cd to the location of your copied ISO
3. wit extract ExampleTest.iso /home/yourusername/Test (do not create Test folder beforehand or else WIT will show an error, the wit command will create the folder for you)
4. Main.dol is located in /home/yourusername/Test/DATA/sys/main.dol (you will not have a DATA folder if your ISO/WBFS is fully scrubbed)
5. Take your gct file and place it in the /sys directory alongside the main.dol
6. cd /home/yourusername/Test/DATA/sys
7. wstrt analyze main.dol
8. No patches should be present, original version of main.dol should be found
9. wstrt patch main.dol --add-section nameofgctfile.gct
10. wstrt analyze main.dol
11. Three items should be listed - VBI Hook address, Section T1 modified, and Additional section T2
12. Move the gct file out of the /sys directory and back to wherever you had it before
13. cd /home/yourusername
14. wit copy ./Test /home/yourusername/ExampleDone.iso
15. add ISO to USB, congratz

NOTES:
-Ocarina must be OFF or GCT file will not work
-Having a separate standard GCT file in your codes folder while ocarina is ON will also render the GCT file within the main.dol useless.
Hey Vega, i have a question: Would this type of thing work with texture/model edits? Just wondering, cause it'd be pretty cool to have a perma- edited version of a certain custom game with GCT codes AND custom textures. Wouldn't it?
(12-03-2018, 08:42 PM)xXCrazySniperXx Wrote: Hey Vega, i have a question: Would this type of thing work with texture/model edits? Just wondering, cause it'd be pretty cool to have a perma- edited version of a certain custom game with GCT codes AND custom textures. Wouldn't it?

Nah. Not this particular guide. However, Wiimm's tools is pretty much limitless. You can edit your textures on the appropriate files, on a WIT-extracted iso/wbfs, and then rebuild the iso/wbfs via WIT.
Really? Hmmm......... this is gonna be interesting lol. I'm not too good of a programmer, but I used to make 3D models n' stuff back in 9th grade so when i saw a thing about texture/model editing i nearly died